06/14/12 - 0 Comments
Q&A: Ten Questions with Dual Show’s Fashion & Shopping Editor Jacqueline Vasquez
A lot of work goes on behind the scenes of Dual Show, especially within the Fashion & Shopping department. The woman behind the madness is the lovely Jacqueline Vasquez. We decided to turn the tables and catch up with her by asking her our top ten questions to get her take on personal style, inspirations and of course—fashion trends!
1. What is your Name? Jacqueline Janette Vasquez
2. Hometown & Current City: Hometown: Rohnert Park, CA, current city: Brooklyn, NY
3. Who are your favourite designers? I have many! My top favorites would probably be Valentino & Oscar de la Renta
4. What are the top three songs in your playlist right now? Turn Up The Music- Chris Brown, Dance Again- Jennifer Lopez Ft. Pitbull, 212- Azealia Banks
5. Favourite fashion trend for summer: I’m loving the sheer fabrics and bias cut hems.
6. Your must have beauty item(s): Benetint Blush and Bad Gal Lash Mascara. I can’t live without Benefit!
7. Best book/movie you have seen recently. The best movie I’ve seen recently is actually quite old (2003), Lucy. It’s a TV biopic chronicling the story of American icon Lucille Ball. (I was obsessed with the I Love Lucy show growing up!)
8. Favourite local food place? Hong Kong Station. This has to be my favorite spot in the whole city, right in the heart of Chinatown on Bayard and Elizabeth, snuggled smack dab in the middle of all the bubble teas and massage parlors. I just love their $7 bowls of (authentic) noodle soup- the portobello mushrooms and curry fish balls are my favs!
9. Who is your style icon/inspiration? I have a hard time picking just one anything. I’d say my style icon would be a mix of Rihanna, Marilyn Monroe, Jennifer Lopez, the Olsen twins and Audrey Hepburn. I like a little bit of modern and vintage, a little sexed up glamour and a little boyish charm. I’m definitely inspired most by Jennifer Lopez- I think she’s one gorgeous, driven, talented woman and she just keeps getting better with every passing year. I’ve been a huge fan of hers for 15 years!
10. Fun fact about you is…
I LOVE to cook and never set my alarms on even numbers (6:27am is good, but not 6:30).
Be sure to stay tuned to the more updates from Jacqueline and our team of talented writers by following our Fashion & Shopping section!